Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday, Jan19, Witchy Woman Soapbox


Good morning to you, today is Thursday, January 19, 2012, and I am your humble host, the sultan of sarcasm, the purveyor of non-pertinent information, the troublemaker extraordinaire and I am coming to you recorded from the Eagle’s nest here at wake up central with news you can’t use here on the Thursday edition of The Morning Wake Up Call.

A pagan mother's challenge to the distribution of donated Bibles at a local school has prompted the Buncombe County Board of Education to reevaluate its policies regarding religious texts.
Ginger Strivelli, who practices Witchcraft, a form of Paganism, said she was upset when her 12-year-old son came home from North Windy Ridge intermediate school with a Bible.
The Gideons International had delivered several boxes of the sacred books to the school office. The staff allowed interested students to stop by and pick them up.
"Schools should not be giving out one religion's materials and not others," Strivelli said.
According to Strivelli, the principal assured her the school would make available religious texts donated by any group. But when Strivelli showed up at the school with pagan spell books, she was turned away.
"Buncombe County School officials are currently reviewing relevant policies and practices with school board attorneys," the district announced in a written statement. "During this review period, no school in the system will be accepting donations of materials that could be viewed as advocating a particular religion or belief."
I don’t want to get on a soapbox here, but this chaps my hide and it is about high time that we stand up for what WE believe in and quit bowing down to the liberal, left wing, donkeys and the ACLU.  We have become so desensitized as a nation and culture that we do not stand up for what we believe in anymore yet we let the rest of the world tell us what we are going to tolerate in the name of “equality”.  Look here Ms Strivelli, if you do not want your son reading the Bible, fine, tell him not to read it, burn it, shred it, cast a spell on it whatever you want because I don’t care.  I’ll make a deal with you, I will not force your kids to read the Bible if you do not force my kids to read spell books.  It is really that simple, there is absolutely no need for “laws”, “regulations”, “policies” or whatever to determine what our kids do and don’t, participate in. 

I am a religious man, I am a Christian in its truest a purest meaning, I attend worship services as well do my wife and kids.  I firmly believe in practicing my religion in the way I live my life and am more than happy to share my beliefs with you and will listen to you as you share your beliefs with me.  Again, I do not force my feelings on anyone, but if you want to learn more about my beliefs I will freely lay it on ya.

Just because you do not like what I do does not make it OK for you to try to make it not legal so you do not have to come in contact with it.  We all share this globe and have to live on it together.  My advice to you is to suck it up and get on with your life and I will get on with my life and I will have my Bible in hand while I am doing it.

But of course that is just my 2 cents worth, I could be wrong. 

Useless Facts
Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.

Legal Mumbo Jumbo
The views and opinions expressed on this show are those of the host, guest, and fans and not necessarily those of any organization represented by these individuals.
Wake up call is a production of Eagle communications and may be replayed at any time for your viewing pleasure.  The contents of this show are meant to be only entertaining and possibly sarcastic, should you have any issues regarding this show you are encouraged to forward any and all comments to my facebook account.

No comments: