Saturday, March 13, 2010

Feb 11 Wake Up Call - Bad Drivers

I trust everyone is having a wonderful day so far, I just got home from working the grave yard shift and just had to stop by and share a few things with you this morning.

The getter done association is on a roll. They are accomplishing all the stuff that no one else cares to do and are receiving little to no appreciation. So hats off to them on their hard efforts. If it wasn’t for them everyone else would have to do something.

Schools are back in session today which amazes me because I saw a patch of ice on a sidewalk in a school zone. I hope none of the kiddies slip and fall. Way to go Dr. Zombie.

I learned that turn signals are not required when making a sudden change of lanes, especially if you are cutting in front of someone nearly taking out their front bumper. Who gave this person the privilege to drive?

I do not want to get on a soap box here but driving is a privilege and is one that should be taken seriously. Back 20+ years ago when I got my driver’s license, I had to take not only a written test but a driving test too. Is this not a requirement anymore? The driving skills of some people are deplorable at best. And now we have ipods, cell phones, gps, and every other gadget imaginable to distract us from what we have gotten into the drivers seat of our vehicles to do, car stereos have remote controls now. Just because you know how to send me a text message does not mean you have to do it while doing 60 down the by-pass. If I had not seen this one the other day I would have never believed it. The guy in front of me was shaving with his electric razor while apparently listening to some hip hop music swerving all over both lanes of the road. Look Dante, that is not a mobile bathroom you are navigating, do your shaving at the house then drive your truck! It is not a mobile phone booth either. The problem there is if the government decides to pass the law that states that you cannot talk on your cell phone while you are driving the cops will have to hang up from their phone call in order to write you a ticket. Look around, 90% of the cops you see driving are on a cell phone and they are to give me a ticket for doing the same?? Don’t think so Barney! And no, the auto manufactures were not doing you chicks a favor by putting you a make-up mirror on the back of the visor.

Put your make up on at the house, get your shaving done after you get out of the shower, text your bff and tell them you will call them when you get to where ever it is you are going, THEN, get in your vehicle and drive. But of course this is just my opinion.

The views and opinions expressed on this show are those of the host, guest and fans and not necessarily those of any organization represented by these people. Wake up call is a production of Free Speech Communications and may be re-aired at any time for your entertainment. The contents of this show are ment to be only entertaining and possibly sarcastic. If you have any questions or issues regarding this program please forward any and all comments to my facebook account.

No comments: