We are 71 days into the year 2010 and I wonder just how many of you have forgotten all about that New Year’s resolution? Or should I ask how many of you even remember what your New Year’s resolution was? Everyone gets all excited at the end of each year and starts talking about their resolutions, “Oh I’m going to lose weight”, “I’m going to save money”, or “I’m going to do this”, and “I’m going to do that” and then after a few weeks you start slipping and then you say “I’m going to get back on it next week”. Eventually next week never comes. And we know that going into the process yet we fool ourselves by saying “This year I’m going to stick with it”, and you never do. I am going to be totally honest with you, I have not had a “New Year’s Resolution” in several years, why, I know I will not stick with it. Instead I make 365 resolutions during the year, every morning I decide I am going to try to be a better person today than I was yesterday.
Being a better person can involve several aspects of your life and there are days I succeed and then there are days I fail miserably. But if you get right down to it you can put everything in your life into one of 4 main categories: Mentally, Physical, Spiritual, and Social. In Luke 2:52 we read that “Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature, and in favor with God and man. This verse shows us that Christ who is our perfect example of how we should live our lives grew in mentally, physically, spiritually and socially. Luke 2:52 is the first memory verse that I can remember having as a kid and for years this verse has stuck with me and has been my favorite verse in the Bible but I never knew why……… until a couple of years ago when I sat down and started looking at it and realized truly what this verse was saying and then I realized that I had been using the principles of this verse to guide my life or at least trying to guide my life.
If you resolve every day to try to be the best person you can be and live your life to the best of your ability you will have no need for a resolution come December 31. However this is just my opinion.
Ok, many of you who watch this show and are fans are aware of or may remember some issues that arose a couple of months ago regarding a couple of my post and the after math that followed. This show ended up being a by-product of those issues as I took on the self proclaimed title of your friendly local trouble maker and the trouble maker extraordinaire as well as, purveyor of non-pertinent information and most certainly the sultan of sarcasm and the ever popular Legal Mumbo Jumbo. Although I have not said anything lately the issues are alive and well and we are still dealing with them. I mentioned early on that Susan and I had made some decisions and still had more decisions to make. We are very close to making another decision regarding these issues and we want to solicit your prayers on our behalf.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help. -Ronald Reagan
No comments:
Post a Comment