Saturday, March 13, 2010

Feb 19 Wake Up Call - Polititcal Correct

Headlines:
Timmy Tom has stepped down as Redneck in Chief of the Redneck Crew and has declined comment at this time. So they are looking for a new head honcho for their organization.

I was told that I am too sympathetic, gotta work on that one, for some reason I smell another support group coming.

The Climate Change Coalition seems to be breaking down after 3 major sponsors have pulled out and now the UN head has resigned his post. There is much concern regarding their annual meeting this year that is to be held in Mexico. Have you noticed that it is no longer called Global Warming? I guess the new political correct way to say Global Warming is Climate Change. Now I do not want to get off on a soapbox here but…

How many of you have ever played cards? How did you describe the different suites in the deck? “I will play the 2 of little pointed garden tool used for digging”, of course not, you said “I will play the 2 of spades”. The American society has lost the ability to call a “Spade” a “Spade” for fear we will hurt someone’s precious little feelings. Get over it!!! In the mid 90’s I sold computers while working for a National chain and we called them PC’s for short. Now days, PC apparently stands for some lame concept called Politically Correct. Instead of calling a janitor a janitor we have to call them “Environmental Service Engineer”, the guy that picks up your trash is a “Sanitation Engineer” and the list goes on and on. So basically you can have little to no education and still get the title of engineer, now every Tom, Dick, and Harry or Antonio, Dante, and Hermando is an engineer. You know that this makes every real engineer that has at least 6 to 8 years of higher education and a college degree to give them the right to have the title of engineer, the warm fuzzy feeling to know that now anyone can be an engineer. They should have saved themselves the time and money of going to college. Oh, I forgot, real engineers make big money.There is another area of PC that just burns my hind end every time I hear it, and that is everyone hyphenating everything. What happened to the days of black and white? I was filling out an application for my son to join a youth organization and it asked for his race, it had listed African-American, Asian-American, Native-American, European-American, Latin-American, and so on. At the bottom of the list was a box labeled other, I checked that box and in the blank provided beside it I wrote “White Kid”.NEWS FLASH!!!!!If you were born in America, you are an American!!!I had no idea that there were that many people that were born in Africa, Asia, Native, Europe and Latin and so on that were now legal U.S., American citizens. The only problem is they have forgotten that there are some of us that were born here in America and failed to put a box on the application for us to check. I guess you can say that I am an American-American. In case you have forgotten, the United States of America is what is called a Melting Pot, which means that we from all origins come together as one nation. There are so many out there that are so involved in trying to get equal rights for their “group” that they have segregated themselves from society in their efforts of desegregation. When you recite the Pledge of Allegiance, you say a powerful phrase which states “One Nation”, and our one nation is America. We are not many hyphenated nations because if you remember the Pledge of Allegiance also stated that we are indivisible, which means we are not a divided nation, however we have become so divided as a people that how much longer will it be until we become divided as a nation? Stand up and get rid of the hyphen before we become the U.S.U.A. (United Stated of an Un-united America). However, in the words of my favorite philosopher Dennis Miller, this is just my opinion, I could be wrong. Let me know what you think facebook land. Post your comments on the video.

Interesting Fact of the Day:
Prior to forming the iconic rock band KISS, Gene Simmons was a 6th grade teacher in the NYC Harlem Spanish District.

Legal Mumbo Jumbo

The views and opinions expressed on this show are those of the host, guest and fans and not necessarily those of any organization represented by these people. Wake Up Call is a production of Free Speech Communications and may be re-aired at any time for your viewing pleasure. The contents of this show are meant to be only entertaining and possibly sarcastic, if you have any issues or comments regarding this show please forward any and all comments to my facebook account.

No comments: