Now I periodically as I did this morning give you the run down of the year 2010, you know the Julian calendar date, how many days left in the year and how many days left till Christmas. I do this for a couple of reasons, first and foremost I am the purveyor of non-pertinent information and secondly to keep you informed and aware that Christmas is just around the corner. Now I do not want to get off on a soapbox here but;
Christmas comes the exact same time of the year and actually the exact day of the year every year. I have been hanging around this planet for 30 something years now and Christmas always comes on December the 25th. However, every year people get all excited and surprised when the Christmas season arrives. I have actually heard people say, “Man, Christmas snuck up on me this year”, give me a break. Now all of the sudden everyone starts watching their spending because they have to pay for Christmas, or they max out every credit card in their wallets paying for their Christmas and spend the entire next year paying off their credit cards. This past Christmas I had people wanting discounts on their hotel rooms because as they would day, it’s Christmas you know so money is tight. Yes I do know it is Christmas and for the past at least 10-12 years my money has not been tight just because it is Christmas. Why you ask, because I know from year to year exactly when Christmas is going to come and I prepare for it. It is not because I have inside information from Santa Clause, it is because for the past 36 years of my live, as I mentioned earlier, it comes on the same day every year.
I have 2 savings accounts at my bank and every Friday when I get paid, I have my bank account set up so that automatically a set amount of money gets transferred from my checking account into my Christmas savings account and that money sits there all year and I do not touch it for anything. Then come November the first I go down to the bank and make a withdrawal from that savings account IN CASH, the wife and I sit down and decide what we are going to buy everyone, check out the prices on the internet or sale papers and then go have a blast buying Christmas gifts, and when the cash runs out… I’m done, there is no putting it on the credit card or not paying bills so I can buy extra gifts or anything like that. It is called planning and budgeting.
Yeah, yeah, I can hear some of you now, “I live paycheck to paycheck, I can not afford to do that” yep and you are the ones scraping loose change out of the sofa come December to pay the electric bill or buy groceries. I live paycheck to paycheck too so don’t give me your sob story, it is called being responsible, it is called planning, it is called stashing 10-20 dollars every week so that you can afford to buy Christmas at the end of the year. I mean come on, we are talking about the price of a pizza, a trip to McDonald’s, a case of beer, or whatever you blow your money on anyway every week. Then come December you can purchase that loved one a gift that they probably wont like anyway and you can still take care of your daily bills. However this is just my opinion, you can take it and $5 and go buy yourself a pack of smokes.
Well kids that is about all the time we have for today, I am headed to the bed, got another night of hanging with vampires and then tomorrow I will be off to Chattanooga for the weekend so there will be no show tomorrow. Gonna have a little birthday party for my grandmother.
Mumbo Jumbo
The views and opinions of this show are those of the host, guest and fans and not necessarily those of any organization represented by those individuals. Wake up call is a production of free speech communications and may be re-aired at any time for your viewing pleasure. The contents of this show are meant to be only entertaining and possibly sarcastic. Should you have any issues regarding this show you are encouraged to forward any and all comments to my facebook account.
Thanks for watching, have a wonderful day, an excellent weekend, and God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment