In the gospel of Luke the 15th chapter, we find three different parables. There is the one about a lost coin, one about a lost sheep, and the one about the lost boy. The third one is the one I am going to look at today. In Luke 15:11….
In a nutshell the Father has 2 sons, the younger son one day decided to cash in on his father’s inheritance move out of the house and be on his own. Well this was a cool plan or so it seemed until he spent all of the money he had. When he had lots of money he had lots of friends to help him spend it and when the money ran out so did the friends. It ended up that the young man was so broke and hungry he ended up feeding pigs and would have eaten the same stuff he was feeding the pigs. Finally one day he realized he messed up and decided to go back home, knowing that he did not have any more inheritance left to be given to him he was going to ask to at least be a servant in his father’s house.
How many times have we made decisions and afterwards realized that we made a big mistake. The awesome part of the story is that it has a happy ending, when the young man went home his father was very happy to see him, even had a big party for him to welcome him home and accepted him as his son once again rather than making him a servant. Our bad choices can have a happy ending too, Just as the young man left his father’s house when we make bad choices we leave our heavenly father’s house, and just like the young man in the story we can come back home and our heavenly father will accept us if we are willing to admit we have made wrong decisions and are willing to turn away from our decisions.
I can not tell you how many times I have read Luke 15 and thought that story was written about me. Yes I have made some bad choices and decisions in my lifetime and I am very thankful that God was willing to take me back when I realized I needed to go back home. Maybe you have made some bad choices or decisions and need to turn around and walk away from the choices you have made, yes I know it is hard, many times we do not want to admit or realize we have messed up. However our heavenly father is waiting on us to come home, the door is always open, we just have to make the decision to go back home.
I sincerely hope these thoughts have been helpful for you and will motivate you in your daily walk. I pray that the rest of your week will be a great one, we are half way through this one another weekend will be here before you know it. My challenge to you today is to make sure you tell your spouse or significant other if you are not married that you love them and give them a big hug. I can not wait till Susan gets home this afternoon so I can give her a hug.
Quote of the Day
If you believe in the Gospel what you like, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself. - Augustine of Hippo
I hope you have a wonderful day, thanks for watching and God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment